The Elite Centre for Manufacturing Skills will be delivering skill-based practical courses scheduled for 2022.
- Running and feeding attachments to plywood framed pattern boards *
- Wooden pattern box design and construction *
- Vent placement and fitting (Non Ferrous Applications) *
- Wire reinforcement facilities *
- Chill placement and attachment (Non Ferrous Applications) *
- Rigging for metal plated patterns – green sand process *
- Pattern making – intermediate level *
- Traditional approach to reverse engineering *
- Pattern making first steps *
Green Sand Courses
- Physical properties and control of green sand *
- Production tooling and repair *
- How to place joint lines to negate extra cores *
- Cost savings of a LEAN workplace **
- Project Management **
- A guide to New Product Introduction process *
- How to upskill your workforce **
- Coaching Skills **
- Leadership **
- Introduction to Practical Metallography – 1 day course **
- Introduction to Heat Treatment: Anneal and Normalise – 1 day course **
- Introduction to Heat Treatment: Quenching and Tempering – 1 day course **
- Three day Metallurgy training course **
(Key: * – National Foundry Training Centre ** – ECMS Springfield Campus)
Metallurgy courses will run with a maximum of four people, all other courses will run with a maximum of six people.
If you are a SME (small or medium enterprise) the ECMS can offer 12 hours of Business Support which will be made available which will reduce the overall costs.
Also a grant application can be made to Foundry Training Trust http://www.torlodge.org.uk/training/
All the above courses are demand-led with delivery dates to be confirmed.
For further information contact: Trevor Codner, Tel: 01902 321663 or 07673695590, email: T.Codner@wlv.ac.uk