- This event has passed.
ECMS Short Course: Effective Team Leadership Training
November 14, 2019 @ 9:00 am - November 15, 2019 @ 4:00 pm£450
Outline of the Course
Great managers are admired, good to be around and make things happen. They understand their role and engage with organisational objectives and their people with equal ability and confidence.
However, many people find themselves promoted into management or supervisory positions because they are good at something. Unfortunately, they are inexperienced in management techniques and need training and support to be effective.
Management is not about doing the things you are good at, but about getting things done through other people. That is a different skillset and not one we are born with. However, the overriding consensus in the workplace is that “every team needs a leader”. The modules in this course helps those who want to be successful leaders
Who should attend
- This course is designed for those taking their first steps into management or those who have not undertaken any management training. It is also a useful refresher for those with significant management experience or higher management qualifications.
- This course aims to provide candidates with the skills and knowledge to lead, organise and motivate teams. This course is ideal if they have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing your abilities. It’s particularly suited to practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who lead people through organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
- Our training is flexible, practical and interactive. We share our managerial experience gained in Primary care and encourage attendees to consider the issues they face and explore practical strategies to improve their managerial practice.
The course will include the following: –
- Understanding the difference between managerial and non-managerial work.
- Focus on the role of the manager – covering key activities and day to day requirements.
- The difference between a Leader and a Manager.
- Management styles and decision making – the range of possibilities.
- Understanding your team, personality style and motivation.
- Building a team.
- Dealing with discipline, conflict and stress in the workplace.
- Engaging with others – confident, purposeful and effective communication styles.
- Making the best use of your scarcest resource – TIME.
- The need for continuous professional development – identifying your needs and developing a personal action plan.
Benefits for the Candidates
- This course is fast paced and will give candidates the opportunity to assess their management strengths and areas for development, understand their opportunities for growth and equip them with a personal strategy to get the best out of them as an inspiring manager.
- The candidates will gain confidence, allowing them to tackle issues and improve their standing in the organisation
- Candidates will feel less pressure as they have a range of techniques to apply in the workplace allowing them to enjoy a sustainable and fulfilled career
There are 6 core modules.
- Motivating your team
- Effective Team working
- Communication Skills
- Dealing with conflict
- Time management and Effective Delegation
- Managing Individual Performance
The 6 core units are delivered over 2 consecutive days (3 modules per day) with a morning and afternoon session.
To book you place please contact Victoria Millard
Tel: 01902 321678