M&C Educational Training Services will be delivering a one day short course at the ECMS (Springfield Hub), on Thursday 17th February 2022 from 9am to 4pm. This will be delivered by Richard Brown BEd CertEd FICME. This will be held at the Elite Centre for Manufacturing Skills (Springfield Hub), University of Wolverhampton, Springfield Campus, Cambridge Street, Wolverhampton, WV10 0JR (carpark access off GrimstoneStreet).
To provide hands on metallurgical practical laboratory skills with supporting knowledge to enable individuals the opportunity to gain an insight to metallurgical laboratory techniques.
- Instruct learners on the procedures and techniques required to undertake practical metallurgy in laboratory environment.
- Identify with two appropriate sets of material with chemical composition.
- Appropriate record keeping requirements during investigations.
- Identify with the importance of visual examination.
- Investigate the role of fracture tests on sample material and undertake and prepare appropriate sections.
- Undertake and conduct hardness testing.
- Identify the role of non-destructive testing e.g., in Dye penetrant for cracks
- Undertake, plan, prepare and conduct micro and micro samples using a variety of procedures.
- Examine macro and micro samples unetched, identifying key fracture and procedures.
- Investigate the role of examination of etched macro and micro samples (Longitudinal and Transverse).
- Undertake further hardness testing on sample material to identify structure and properties on the prepared macro/micro-sections.
- Compare structure and properties with reference data and industrial standards.
- Investigate structure and hardness testing properties on the sample material to establish its suitability for industrial use.
Cost: £350 + VAT (Purchase Order required – to Elite Centre for Manufacturing Skills)
If you would like to book a place on this course or require more information, please contact Kerry Stokes, ECMS Project Administrator, E: email@example.com
For further information please contact: Trevor Codner, ECMS Business Development Manager, E: firstname.lastname@example.org, T: 07973695590