Much work has been going on to ready the ECMS Metallurgy Laboratory at Springfield Hub for use. The Laboratory contains a range of state of the art equipment able to rapidly analyse the microstructures of metals based in a clean and safe environment.
The ECMS is currently working with Richard Brown from M&C Educational Services Limited to provide a series of Metallurgy training programmes which we will be advertising in due course. The Laboratory is also available for professional hire, subject to our terms and conditions and with support provided by ECMS Instructor/Technician, Colin Whorton.
Laboratory equipment includes:
- Secotom 15 – a precision cutting tool with intelligent feed adjustment speeds able to cope with different metal hardness.
- CitoPress-15 – a fully automatic electro-hydraulic, programmable, single cylinder mounting press. The CitoPress-15 offers total process control and database facilities. Cold mounting process is also available.
- Laboforce 100 – for manual and semi-automatic grinding and polishing it is able polish up to 6 specimens at one time.
- Lavamin – a stand-alone cleaning unit for specimens up to 160 mm in diameter.
- Lectropol 5 – an electrolytic polishing machine.
- Duramin 4 – a manual Micro and Micro/Macro hardness tester.
- Inverted metallurgical microscope
If you wish to find out more please contact the ECMS – Tel: (01902) 321678, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org